Saturday, August 06, 2005

Chess and Music

When I decided to post something about chess and music, I had in mind the likes of Sydney player, Jason Chan, who used to listen to some sort of music during tournament play. It always made me wondered what the music did for them. Was it to calm the nerves like music does for surgeons during surgery? I never found out and I should ask Mr Chan when I get a chance.

Anyway, a quick search on Google revealed an interesting discovery. John Greschak has written what appears to be a fairly comprehensive list of items that connects chess and music. "Chess" the musical is featured as well as some lesser known works. Pretty interesting!

1 comment:

Chess enthousiast said...

Not so easy to connect a science and an art... if chess is more a science than an art !