Sunday, October 15, 2006

Design Matters

This afternoon I went on a little excursion to Sydney's Powerhouse Museum. The GWoC exhibit is not one to be missed, you just have to see it.

Anyway, I'm not posting to talk about the museum's exhibits. You see, while in the museum, I took a few minutes to check out the blog on an Apple Mac that was actually on display and connected to the net. To my shock, I discovered that the game viewer we've recently installed doesn't work in Mac's Safari browser. Disaster! If you're a Safari user, I'm wondering if you can do me a favour and just check that out for me. Thanks.

Anyway, going back to a bit of arts - Sydney readers might like to check out the Bombay Sapphire Design Discovery Award, held at the Object Gallery in Surry Hills. You'll get to see this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now we can start the long running Mac vs PC debate again... If a software runs on a Mac surely, it runs on a PC but not the other way around. Simply put it this way, If you love your Mac more that your bloggers throw your Flash game viewer... and replace it with a Mac design one...that is if you can find...

DeNovoMeme said...

Do not worry. I run Safari and your viewer runs just fine. The Mac that the Powerhouse has must not have been updated (free). As you know their are always new bits of software that are required for various new applets. The story is the same for all browers - keep them updated.

Anonymous said...

Matthew is right. Accidently on my girlfriend's MacBook I went to your blog and the viewer works okay here too.

Anonymous said...

Though there are flash programs developed for PC but are choppy and have teared animation when it is run on MAC, ChessGenie is not one of them... ChessGenie is a Macromedia Flash application, so, either you're using a PC or Mac you need to have the FlashPlayer to run Chessgenie...