Monday, March 17, 2008

Bankstown Lightning on Tonight

The Canterbury-Bankstown Leagues Chess Club will hold their lightning tournament tonight. Hostilities will be conducted at their current premises in the Lakemba Services Memorial Club on 26 Quigg Street. Be there by 7PM.

It's a 9-game swiss, enough games in one night for lightning addicts like myself. Normally I'd probably just give this one a miss but it looks like 13-year old FM Dariusz Swiercz will be playing in this event, so I'm up for the challenge. The kid is Down Under on his second visit from Poland and even stopped by at Hyde Park on the weekend reportedly handing out some lessons to the locals. Lucky for him I wasn't there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep would have been a nicer day at Hyde Park if it wasn't for those drunks.

Dariusz and myself left early and later came back when all the drunks were passed out near the big chess board... a wonderful tourist attraction huh?

Anyway see you all tonight
Wit